Okay, well, all the ingredients in these cookies are healthy. But they’re cookies, so everything in moderation, okay?!
Sometimes the whole moderation thing doesn’t work so well with me and I want to eat a whole batch….but I do stop myself.
These cookies are dairy free, paleo friendly, have no refined sugar and so quick and easy to make- yay!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoonspure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs (or you could use dairy free chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat the coconut oil in the microwave until melted (about 45 seconds). Add the pure maple syrup to the oil. Stir briskly with a whisk until the syrup and oil are mixed together – this may take a minute or two. Add the egg and vanilla and whisk together until combined.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the oil and syrup mixture to the bowl and stir together until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Scoop large tablespoonfuls onto the cookie sheet, giving a couple inches of space in between each one. Flatten down slightly with your fingers.
- Bake until set and the edges are golden brown, 8-9 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Keep cookies in an airtight container. I like to keep mine in the refrigerator. They’ll last for a few days (if they last that long!).